Re-opening and Gathering Information
"Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a bond servant."
We are compelled by the love of Christ (2 Corinthians 5:14-15) and we have the opportunity to show and share that love with others…Living In + Living Out God’s Love!
What to Expect
- The in-person gathering will begin at 11:00am with doors opening at 10:50am and closing at 11:15am.
- There will be picnic tables set up outside the building to enjoy the fresh air before and after the gathering.
- You’ll notice some additional signage to help with traffic flow.
- Everyone will be expected to wear a mask while inside of the building. The only exception will be anyone presenting something from stage (so you can clearly hear them). We’re excited to provide masks with Epic’s logo that can become opportunities for conversation as we share with others in the community. If you do not feel comfortable wearing a mask, that’s ok, we just kindly ask that you join the online gathering.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- There will be no Children’s Ministry provided at Epic during this phase of re-opening, however, resources are available online for you to use at home with your children. If you choose to bring your kids to the gathering, we encourage bringing coloring pages/books with you for them.
- You’ll notice the inside of the building will be set up differently during this season, including the lobby and gathering space.
- We will practice physical distancing of 6 feet in all areas (family units/households may sit together).
- Exterior doors will be propped open (weather permitting) and marked as "enter" or "exit".
- There will be no bulletin or Connection Card. Please visit Epic’s website www.Epic-Church.org for upcoming info and to fill out your Connection Card.
- There will be no food or drinks available.
- For the time being, please allow non-contact greetings like waving and head nods to take the place of shaking hands, fist bumps, hugging, etc.
- Our building will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each Sunday gathering.
- If you are not feeling well, please opt to join us for the 10:00am online gathering via zoom.
We are so excited to continue gathering together on Sundays, whether you join online at 10:00am or in-person at 11:00am!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I’m not comfortable wearing a mask?
That’s ok. We understand masks aren’t comfortable. We just kindly ask that you attend the online gathering.
What if I don’t have my own mask?
We’ll have extra masks available. We think they look pretty great with Epic’s logo on them! 🙂
What if I’m in a high-risk category?
Although we’ve done our best to decrease the level of risk of attending in-person on Sundays, we encourage individuals to use wisdom and discernment in deciding whether to attend in-person or online.
Is it true that there’s no coffee or doughnuts provided for the in-person gathering?
Yes, that is true. There will be no food or drink at this phase of re-opening.
I love to greet others with a hug. Will Sunday be hard for me?
Yes, you will have to put your normal greeting and response on hold. For the time being, please allow non-contact greetings like waving and head nods to take the place of shaking hands, fist bumps, hugging, etc.
I like to hang around and visit after the gathering. Can I still do that?
We are all excited to see one another! We want guests to feel welcome and the Epic family to be able to reconnect with one another. However, after the gathering is done, we kindly request that lingering after the gathering takes place outside the building (and then you’re free to take off your mask!). 🙂
Will the breakout rooms continue with the online Sunday gathering?
Yes, many breakout rooms will continue as many small groups have found this to be a beneficial time of connection and community. If you have any specific questions, please contact your small group leader.
It sounds like some of this is fear-based? Doesn’t that contradict scripture?
The guidelines and expectations we’ve established for in-person gatherings are not based on fear. They are based on wisdom. We have sought the counsel of medical professionals and diligently researched best practices.
How many gatherings will be offered?
We will offer two gatherings, one online via zoom at 10:00am and one in-person gathering at 11:00am.
We ask for your grace and patience as we navigate through this season. Let’s keep our focus on living out the commission of making disciples who make disciples for Jesus!
If you haven't already, please view Pastor Jeremy's message from July 5th regarding reopening.